Ask The Experts: Why You Should Call A Professional When You Find Mold
When you discover the presence of mold in your home, or something you think is mold, a number of thoughts might pass through your head at first. You might wonder if you can handle the situation yourself and save some money. After all, you have tackled many jobs in your home before with good results. You might want to go out and buy a mold testing kit and see for yourself if it registers positive. Here's a secret: most likely it will. That's because mold is present at least in small amounts in nearly every home. Mold is naturally occurring in the environment.
Get Results You Can Trust
With a store-bought mold kit, you are still likely to have doubts. Did you administer the kit properly? Does it actually work correctly? And what do you do next? To eliminate uncertainty, call in a certified environmental hygienist (or a certified industrial hygienist), the only person qualified to accurately identify mold. For mold testing that matters, go with the trained and educated professional who has the proper equipment. There are other benefits, too, including the following:
- A CIH is required to act in an ethical manner
- The CIH can recommend a plan of action to mitigate mold damage
- A professional mold remediation franchise will watch out for the health of workers and your family
With something as pernicious as mold, you want to be sure of what course to take. The longer mold is present the more likely it is to spread.
Get Effective Mold Cleaning
If you suspect your home could have a mold problem, a DIY mold solution might not be in your best interest. Always consider mold testing from a licensed professional. If you do have a mold problem, it should be addressed quickly to prevent further damage and to clean the air in your home of allergens.